Small fire, nothing affected: Snehasish Ganguly
10th Aug 2023
CAB President Snehasish Ganguly today said that there was a fire scare at Eden Gardens last night, but everything is under control and it will not affect preparations for the World Cup or the deadlines set.
Talking to the media from his chamber at the Clubhouse, he said, "A fire broke out last night at around 11.50 pm. People working saw smoke and then the fire. Immediately two fire tenders were pressed into action and flames doused in no time.
There was no damage to the dressing room as such. Only some burnt cables. The cause of the fire was from the heating of the sauna heater from which sparks ignited the stacks of towels close by."
"CESC people came and saw the damages to the cables and have advised us and we will complete changing the cables as recommended in a couple of days. Besides this it is work as usual. Our deadlines are not affected. Our plans are not affected. And certainly there is no sabotage angle as a certain section of the media is trying to spin," he said.
CAB MEDIA DESK